|Watermelon Salad with Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing |
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 4 cups watermelon cubes
- 2 ounces Roquefort or other blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon poppy seeds
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients; refrigerate for at least half an hour to allow the flavors to marry.
- Toss the greens, watermelon and bleu cheese in a large bowl. Divide between four plates and drizzle with the poppy seed dressing. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition (per serving): 251 calories, 17.2g total fat, 29.7mg cholesterol, 307.2mg sodium, 376.1mg potassium, 21.3g carbohydrates, 2.3g fiber, 16.5g sugar, 5.5g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/watermelon-salad-creamy-poppy-seed-dressing/