- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 8 Applegate Farms Uncured Grass Fed Beef Hot Dogs
- Brown the ground meat in a 12" skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up as much as possible. Once the beef has begun to render out some of the fat, add the onion and continue cooking until the onion is soft and the meat is cooked through. Add the garlic and cook for one minute more.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the tomato paste, prepared mustard and water, then stir in the chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary. Simmer, uncovered, until the
- mixture thickens, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Bring 1 quart of water to a boil in a large saucepan. Drop in the hot dogs and cook until they plump up and are heated through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the hot dogs with the chili sauce and additional mustard and chopped onion, if desired.
- Nutrition (per serving): 295 calories, 20.4g total fat, 72.5mg cholesterol, 946.6mg sodium, 451.6mg potassium, 7.3g carbohydrates, 2.1g fiber, 3.5g sugar, 18.7g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/chili-dogs/