|Chocolate Banana Snack Cake |
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 heaping teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large very ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tablespoons melted ghee or clarified butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F; generously grease an 8" x 8" baking pan.
- Whisk together the flours, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl; set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer (or another large mixing bowl if using a hand mixer), mix the eggs, bananas, sugar, ghee and vanilla on
- medium speed until well blended. Mix in the almond flour mixture in three additions on low speed, mixing well and scraping down the sides after each addition.
- Spread the batter (it will be thick) into the prepared baking pan and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place on a wire rack and allow to cool. Cut into16 squares for serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 173 calories, 10.2g total fat, 42.5mg cholesterol, 172.3mg sodium, 208.4mg potassium, 16.8g carbohydrates, 3g fiber, 7.7g sugar, 2g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/banana-chocolate-snack-cake/