|Honey Roasted Butternut Squash |
- 1 pound butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ghee or butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh sage, thinly sliced
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Line a shallow-rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly coat with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together the squash, melted ghee or butter, honey and sage until the squash is evenly coated. Spread on the prepared baking sheet; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast the squash for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, until it is tender and caramelized. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper, if needed, before serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 114 calories, 4.5g total fat, 11.5mg cholesterol, 5.5mg sodium, 408mg potassium, 19.9g carbohydrates, 2.3g fiber, 9g sugar, 1.2g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/honey-roasted-butternut-squash/