- 2 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 8 large eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 cup ghee or clarified butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Louisiana-style hot sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups cooked chicken, diced
- 1/3 cup Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Melt the 2 tablespoons of ghee over medium heat in a large, oven-proof skillet and cook the onion until it begins to soften, 2 or 3 minutes. Add the shredded sweet potato to the pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the sweet potato begins to soften and lightly brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the beaten eggs evenly over the sweet potato/onion mixture. Place in the oven and bake 20 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of the frittata comes out clean.
- While the frittata is cooking, whisk together the melted ghee, hot sauce, vinegar, garlic and salt in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and add the cooked chicken; stir, reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the frittata comes out of the oven.
- Using a slotted spoon, transfer the chicken from the hot sauce and spread evenly over the surface of the frittata. Drizzle with extra buffalo sauce, if desired, and the dairy-free ranch dressing; serve.
- Nutrition (per serving): 343 calories, 28.4g total fat, 256.7mg cholesterol, 621.8mg sodium, 277.9mg potassium, 6.4g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 2.2g sugar, 16g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/buffalo-chicken-frittata/