- 1 medium apple, peeled and grated
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, finely chopped
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 3/4 cup evaporated cane juice
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup ghee or clarified butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and evaporated cane juice until well-blended.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk together the almond flour, tapioca flour, potato flour, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir into the egg mixture in three batches, mixing well and scraping down the bowl after each addition. Stir in the melted ghee, apple and cranberries.
- Divide the batter evenly between the cups of the muffin tin and bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Place on a wire baking rack and cool for 10 minutes before turning out of the pan. Cool completely before serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 177 calories, 9.1g total fat, 56.7mg cholesterol, 124.7mg sodium, 114.9mg potassium, 20.7g carbohydrates, 1.9g fiber, 12.4g sugar, 1.8g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/apple-cranberry-muffins/