- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 large lemon, zest and juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the olive oil in a large, shallow skillet over medium high heat. Arrange the Brussels sprouts, cut side down, in a single layer and cook undisturbed until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Add the water to the pan and cover; reduce heat to low and simmer until the sprouts are tender, about 6 or 7 minutes.
- Increase the heat to medium high and toss the Brussels sprouts with the honey, lemon juice and zest. Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the liquid in the pan evaporates, 2 or 3 minutes more.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper, and serve.
- Nutrition (per serving): 87 calories, 4.8g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 20.6mg sodium, 322.4mg potassium, 11.6g carbohydrates, 3.7g fiber, 4.5g sugar, 2.8g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/lemon-brussels-sprouts/