- 3 cups roasted winter squash, such as acorn or sweet dumpling
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped celery
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons potato flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ghee or clarified butter
- Puree the roasted squash in a food processor blender until smooth; scrape into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the beaten eggs into the squash, then stir in the remaining ingredients except the ghee until well-blended.
- Heat the ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat until a drop of water added to the pan sizzles. Working in batches, pour the fritter batter by 1/4 cupfuls into the skillet and fry until golden brown, about 3 to 4 minutes per side. Allow to drain briefly on paper towels and serve immediately.
- Nutrition (per serving): 183 calories, 10.1g total fat, 61.8mg cholesterol, 382.6mg sodium, 501.5mg potassium, 20.7g carbohydrates, 5.2g fiber, <1g sugar, 3g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/winter-squash-fritters/