- 2 cups evaporated cane juice
- 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1 tablespoon corn meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup ghee, melted
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice (about 1 large lemon)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter or grease 5 individual brulee dishes.
- Whisk together the sugar, flour, cornmeal and salt. Add the melted ghee, zest, lemon juice, water and coconut milk; mix well. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the brulee dishes and bake until the desserts are set, about 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 218 calories, 7.2g total fat, 86.6mg cholesterol, 89mg sodium, 54.7mg potassium, 36g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 34g sugar, 2.7g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/lemon-chess-dessert/