- 3 large Japanese sweet potato, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup ghee or clarified butter, melted
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Liberally brush the inside of a 12" saute pan or cast iron skillet with some of the melted ghee. Arrange the potato slices in concentric rings emanating from the center of the pan, forming layers until all of the potato slices have been used.. Carefully brush each layer with clarified butter and lightly season each layer with salt and pepper.
- Place the pan on the stove and cook, undisturbed, over medium heat until golden brown on the bottom, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer the potatoes to the oven and cook until browned and cooked through, about 30 minutes, pressing the potatoes occasionally to compress and shaking the pan to prevent the potatoes sticking to the pan.
- Drain any excess butter from the pan and carefully flip the potato cake out onto a cutting board. Slice into wedges and serve.
- Nutrition (per serving): 146 calories, 10.3g total fat, 27.1mg cholesterol, 37.1mg sodium, 222.1mg potassium, 13.1g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 2.7g sugar, 1.1g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/pommes-anna/