- 4 deer rib chops, about 3 or 4 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- few grinds black pepper
- Mix the coconut sugar and spices together in a small bowl. Generously rub the chops with the spice mixture and allow them to rest at room temperature, for about an hour.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over high heat until smoking and sear the chops, about a minute per side. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking until the chops reach an internal temperature of about 135 F, or about 3 additional minutes per side.
- Remove the chops to a plate or cutting board and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Allow to rest for 15 minutes before plating and serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 281 calories, 6.3g total fat, 40.8mg cholesterol, 494.4mg sodium, 62.5mg potassium, 6.4g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 3.7g sugar, 49.4g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/spicy-venison-rib-chops/