|Sweet and Savory Frittata |
- 2 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter, divided
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large Japanese sweet potato, peeled and shredded
- 1 large carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1 large zucchini, shredded
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup peach salsa
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Beat the eggs in a large mixing bowl with the salt, pepper, red pepper flakes and thyme and set aside.
- Heat the ghee in a heavy, 10" oven-proof skillet over medium heat. Cook the onion until soft and beginning to turn translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for another minute more before adding the shredded sweet potato and carrot. Continue to cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes or until the vegetables are tender-crisp, then stir in the zucchini and remove from the heat.
- Pour the beaten eggs evenly over the vegetable mixture and bake for 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into wedges and serving with the salsa.
- Nutrition (per serving): 156 calories, 8.9g total fat, 196.2mg cholesterol, 669mg sodium, 474.1mg potassium, 11.7g carbohydrates, 2.5g fiber, 4.8g sugar, 8.3g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/sweet-savory-frittata/