|Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins |
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 4 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup ghee or clarified butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup chopped fresh sweet cherries
- 1 cup high-quality bittersweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Generously grease the cups of a standard, one-dozen muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, coconut sugar, salt and baking soda. Beat the eggs in a small bowl, and stir into the almond flour mixture. Add the melted ghee and beat lightly by hand with a wooden spoon, until thoroughly combined. Fold in the cherries and chocolate chips.
- Divide the batter equally between the greased muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Cool completely before serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 243 calories, 17.1g total fat, 57.1mg cholesterol, 152.9mg sodium, 252.7mg potassium, 16.7g carbohydrates, 3.5g fiber, 8g sugar, 3g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/cherry-chocolate-chip-muffins/