- 2 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup orange bell pepper, diced
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup Maple Barbecue Sauce
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free tamari or soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Cook the onion and bell peppers in the ghee over medium heat until the vegetables are beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, set aside and allow to cool.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a large bowl; add the sautéed vegetables. Gently, but thoroughly mix with your hands until well-combined. Gently form a loaf shape in a 7″ x 11″ glass baking dish. Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until the internal temperatures reaches 160 F.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 353 calories, 17.3g total fat, 156mg cholesterol, 800.4mg sodium, 824.8mg potassium, 16.3g carbohydrates, 1.6g fiber, 12.4g sugar, 34.6g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/hawaiian-style-meatloaf/