- 2 pound beef arm or chuck roast, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups beef stock, preferably homemade
- Pat the roast dry with a paper towel and rub on all sides with the salt, pepper and basil. Place the roast in the slow cooker, and spread the onion and garlic over the top of the roast.
- Pour the beef stock around, not over, the roast and add the bay leaves.
- Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours, or until very tender. Remove the bay leaves, slice and serve with the jus from the crock,if desired.
- Nutrition (per serving): 234 calories, 10.3g total fat, 101.3mg cholesterol, 758.2mg sodium, 674mg potassium, 2.4g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, <1g sugar, 33.1g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/slow-cooker-pot-roast/