- 8 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise, preferably homemade
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 large avocado
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- Slice the avocado in half and remove the seed. Scoop the flesh out into a large bowl and mash lightly with the lime juice.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients except the chopped eggs, salt, pepper and cayenne until well combined. Gently fold in the chopped, hard-boiled eggs.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and cayenne. Refrigerate for at least half an hour before serving with slices of ripe mango, if desired..
- Nutrition (per serving): 314 calories, 27.9g total fat, 271.2mg cholesterol, 274.2mg sodium, 349.4mg potassium, 7.4g carbohydrates, 2.7g fiber, 3.1g sugar, 9.9g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/spicy-avocado-egg-salad/