|Savory Almond Flour Muffins |
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 2 tablespoons potato starch
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup high-oleic safflower oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Generously grease 9 cups of a one-dozen muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond and tapioca flour, potato starch, salt, baking soda and coconut sugar..
- Stir the eggs, oil and water into the almond flour mixture, beating lightly by hand with a wooden spoon, until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the batter equally between the 9 greased muffin cups. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing from the pan. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Nutrition (per serving): 201 calories, 15.7g total fat, 62mg cholesterol, 199.5mg sodium, 162.4mg potassium, 9.3g carbohydrates, 2.3g fiber, 2.4g sugar, 2.3g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/savory-almond-flour-muffins-revisited/