|Cauliflower and Leek Gratin |
- 3 tablespoons ghee or clarified butter
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 leeks, white and light green parts only,sliced into 1/4-
- inch pieces
- 1/2 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon red-pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3/4 cup water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon ghee or clarified butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a shallow 2-quart casserole. In a small bowl, combine the almond flour with the 1 tablespoon of melted ghee until the mixture is ”crumbly"; set aside.
- Cook the cauliflower in 3 quarts boiling salted water until slightly tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water; transfer to the casserole dish and set aside.
- Melt 3 tablespoons ghee in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Add leeks, onion, red-pepper flakes, and thyme; cook, stirring, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in the tapioca flour until well combined. Slowly add the coconut milk and water, stirring constantly. Increase heat and bring almost to a boil; cook, stirring constantly, 2 to 3 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour leek mixture evenly over the cauliflower. Sprinkle with the almond flour and bake until bubbly and the cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 173 calories, 12.7g total fat, 15.3mg cholesterol, 40.4mg sodium, 438.2mg potassium, 13.6g carbohydrates, 3.2g fiber, 3.2g sugar, 2.9g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/cauliflower-leek-gratin/