- 1 1/2 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 2 pound boneless rolled rump or chuck-eye roast
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons tamari or gluten-free soy sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine rub ingredients in small bowl.
- Pat the roast dry and remove the twine "netting" with scissors, if necessary. Rub the entire surface with the seasoning mixture and set aside.
- Line a roasting pan or Dutch oven with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place onion, carrots, and bay leaves in center of foil and drizzle with 1 tablespoon tamari. Set the roast on top of the vegetables and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of tamari.
- Fold the aluminum foil over the top of the roast and crimp the edges tightly to seal. Transfer pan to oven and cook for 1 1/2 hours, or until the internal temperature of the roast reaches 135 F on an instant read thermometer.
- Allow the roast to rest 20 minutes. Remove the roast from the foil pouch and discard the bay leaves. Using a slotted spoon, place the vegetables on a serving platter; keep warm. Slice the roast thinly against grain and transfer to the platter with the vegetables. Serve with the pan juices.
- Nutrition (per serving): 332 calories, 7.4g total fat, 145.2mg cholesterol, 1182mg sodium, 1074.4mg potassium, 13.8g carbohydrates, 3.3g fiber, 5.5g sugar, 49.9g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/pot-roast-foil/