- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Pecorino Romano or other hard Italian cheese
- 2 teaspoons kosher sea salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 recipe Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 large bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- 8 ounces white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix all of the base ingredients together in a large bowl. Pat out into a standard-size cookie sheet or other shallow, rimmed baking sheet to a uniform thickness, pushing it up the sides slightly to form a rim.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the surface of the meat, then scatter the rest of the toppings over the sauce, finishing with the cheese.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, rotating the pan once halfway through, or until the meat is cooked and the cheese is beginning to brown.
- Carefully pour off any fat and liquid in the pan and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into squares and serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 464 calories, 23.5g total fat, 164.1mg cholesterol, 1310mg sodium, 1002.2mg potassium, 18.3g carbohydrates, 3.3g fiber, 8.9g sugar, 45.5g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/meatzza/