|Chocolate-Raspberry Pancakes |
Makes twelve 4-inch pancakes
- 3 large very ripe bananas, peeled
- 5 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 pint fresh raspberries
- Whisk together the cinnamon, baking soda, cocoa powder and coconut flour together in a small mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Mash the bananas well in the bowl of a stand mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat well with the paddle attachment until fairly smooth. Add the dry ingredients in three separate additions, beating well and scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition. Add the raspberries to the batter and beat on low speed until the berries are broken up, but not pureed.
- Lightly grease a griddle or large skillet with coconut oil and place over medium-low heat. Carefully pour the pancake batter by the 1/4 cupful, taking care that the pancake is no larger than the surface area of the spatula you are using. Cook until the edges are set and bubbles appear on the surface, about 3 minutes, before carefully flipping. Cook for another 3 minutes and transfer to a plate; keep warm. Repeat until all of the batter has been used.
- Serve hot with butter and maple syrup, if desired.
- Nutrition (per serving): 234 calories, 7.5g total fat, 155mg cholesterol, 412.8mg sodium, 395.2mg potassium, 33.5g carbohydrates, 12.4g fiber, 11.8g sugar, 10.1g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/chocolate-raspberry-pancakes/