makes about 1 quart
- 3 cups peaches, peeled, pitted and diced
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar or evaporated cane juice
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1/2 chopped walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- filtered water, as needed
- Mix all of the ingredients except the water in a large bowl until well blended. Transfer to a wide-mouth mason jar; press down lightly with a wide wooden spoon. Add filtered water as needed to cover the chutney - the mixture should be at least 1 inch below the rim of the jar.
- Cap the jar, not too tightly, and keep at room temperature, out of direct sunlight, for 2 to 3 days or until the chutney beings to bubble. Transfer to the refrigerator.
- The chutney should be eaten within two months.
- Nutrition (per serving): 58 calories, 2.6g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 236.1mg sodium, 125.4mg potassium, 9g carbohydrates, 1.1g fiber, 6.8g sugar, 1.1g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/fermented-peach-chutney/