- 3 cups butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2" dice
- 2 cups apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup unsalted almond butter
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 cup dried unsweetened cranberries
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously butter a 9" x 13" baking dish.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter and maple syrup until well-blended. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except the salt and pepper. Pour the almond butter mixture over the contents of the bowl and toss to coat all of the pieces of squash and apple evenly. Add the seasonings and stir to combine.
- Pour the squash mixture into the buttered baking dish and spread out evenly. Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes, or until the squash and apples are tender. Remove the foil and return to the oven and bake for an additional 10 minutes or until the top of the casserole begins to brown.
- Nutrition (per serving): 425 calories, 13.2g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 343.5mg sodium, 426.3mg potassium, 77.5g carbohydrates, 6.6g fiber, 26.5g sugar, 3.8g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/winter-squash-casserole/