|Apple-Bacon-Cheddar Burgers |
- 2 pounds ground pork
- 4 ounces bacon, finely chopped
- 1 large apple, peeled and grated
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Gently combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Form 8 patties from the mixture.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan over medium-low heat; cook the burgers until the internal temperature reaches 145 F.
- Place the burgers on a large plate or platter; cover with aluminum foil and place in a warm oven. Allow them to rest for 10 minutes before serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 434 calories, 35.1g total fat, 106.1mg cholesterol, 621.8mg sodium, 395.7mg potassium, 3.9g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 2.8g sugar, 24.4g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/apple-bacon-cheddar-burgers/