- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 8 large eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half
- 8 corn tortillas, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded pepper jack or cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Whisk together the eggs and half and half until well blended; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of the butter over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper to the pan and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables begin to soften and the onion turns translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in the jalapeno and cook for another minute more.
- Add the remaining tablespoon of butter to the pan. Stir the tortillas into the vegetable mixture and cook for one minute; pour in the egg mixture and stir gently to combine. Reduce the heat slightly and continue cooking, stirring frequently, until the eggs are softly scrambled. Season lightly with salt and pepper, then gently stir in the tomatoes.
- Divide the Migas between 4 plates; top each with cheese and serve immediately.
- Nutrition (per serving): 479 calories, 30.8g total fat, 430.2mg cholesterol, 350.2mg sodium, 457mg potassium, 27.7g carbohydrates, 4.3g fiber, 3.8g sugar, 23.7g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/migas/