- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher or sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds, crushed
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (optional)
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl and gently mix. Using your hands, form the sausage into eight 2-inch patties.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly fry the sausage until browned and cooked through, about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Nutrition (per serving): 329 calories, 24.2g total fat, 81.7mg cholesterol, 770.6mg sodium, 371.1mg potassium, 7.7g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 6.1g sugar, 19.4g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/fennel-breakfast-sausage/