|Pomegranate-Glazed Meatballs |
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachios
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, gently mix together the lamb, garlic, salt, coriander, cardamom and pepper until combined; form into meatballs. Transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs until golden and just cooked through, 7 to 10 minutes. Brush with pomegranate molasses, making sure to coat the meatballs completely, and return to the oven until glazed, 3 to 5 minutes. Sprinkle with mint and pistachios and serve.
- Nutrition (per serving): 384 calories, 21.5g total fat, 101.3mg cholesterol, 581.8mg sodium, 1104.5mg potassium, 17.9g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, <1g sugar, 28.8g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/pomegranate-glazed-meatballs/