- 3 pounds chicken pieces (legs, wings, thighs)
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line a large baking dish with aluminum foil.
- Sprinkle the chicken pieces liberally with salt and pepper; lay on the foil-lined pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, water, mint and zest. Brush the mixture on the chicken, coating the pieces completely.
- Roast for 45 minutes, basting the chicken with the drippings in the pan every 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear when pricked with the tines of a fork.
- Nutrition (per serving): 368 calories, 14.9g total fat, 127.6mg cholesterol, 162.9mg sodium, 399mg potassium, 17.7g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 17.3g sugar, 39.7g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/honey-mint-roast-chicken/