|Quinoa Salad with Salmon and Apples |
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 4 ounces cooked salmon, flaked
- 1 small apple, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 4 cups salad greens
- Whisk together the vinegar, honey and olive oil in a small bowl until well-blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, salmon, apple, mint and parsley. Drizzle with the dressing and toss again until evenly coated. Season with additional salt and pepper, if needed.
- Divide the greens between two plates and top with the quinoa salad.
- Nutrition (per serving): 393 calories, 20.2g total fat, 40.3mg cholesterol, 51.4mg sodium, 791.2mg potassium, 34.2g carbohydrates, 5.3g fiber, 9.6g sugar, 20g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/quinoa-salad-salmon-apples/