|Spicy Lamb and Bacon Meatballs |
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 3 ounces lamb liver, finely chopped
- 6 ounces bacon, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large bowl, gently combine all of the ingredients until well mixed. Form into 16 meatballs of equal size, and place on the slotted top of a broiler pan.
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until no longer pink in the center. Serve with Red Onion Jam.
- Nutrition (per serving): 428 calories, 35.3g total fat, 195.7mg cholesterol, 902.48mg sodium, 346.5mg potassium, 5.3g carbohydrates, 1.1g fiber, <1g sugar, 21g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/spicy-lamb-bacon-meatballs/