|Quinoa and Asparagus Salad with Poached Eggs |
- 2 1/2 cups cooked quinoa, cooled to room temperature
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed and thinly sliced on the bias, tips left intact
- 1 cup loosely packed flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed mint, roughly chopped
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon mild honey
- 4 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 5 green onions, white and pale green parts, thinly sliced
- 5 large poached eggs
- Blanch the asparagus for 1 minute in boiling salted water; drain and place in ice water to halt the cooking. Drain again and gently pat dry.
- Whisk together the honey and white wine vinegar until smooth. Continue whisking while adding the olive oil in a thin, steady stream, until well combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper, and stir in the grated eggs. Set aside 1/4 cup of the vinaigrette.
- In a large bowl, toss together the quinoa, asparagus, parsley, cilantro, mint and all but the reserved 1/4 cup of vinaigrette. Taste; season as needed with additional salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad between 5 plates. Top each with a poached egg; sprinkle with the sliced scallions and drizzle with the reserved vinaigrette.
- Serve immediately.
- Nutrition (per serving): 438 calories, 30.5g total fat, 259.6mg cholesterol, 194.7mg sodium, 597.1mg potassium, 28.2g carbohydrates, 5.6g fiber, 3.7g sugar, 15.7g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/quinoa-asparagus-salad-poached-eggs/