|Lemon-Tarragon Zucchini Bread |
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 6 tablespoons milk
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 medium zucchini, grated (about 1 1/2 cups)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter a 9" x 5" loaf pan; reserve 2 tablespoons of lemon juice and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar and melted butter until well blended and thick. Whisk in the milk, lemon juice, zest and tarragon. In two batches, stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing well and scraping down the bowl after each addition. Fold in the grated zucchini.
- Pour into the prepared loaf pan; bake for 60 to 70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes on a baking rack. Turn out the bread and return to the baking rack; sprinkle the top with the reserved lemon juice and allow to cool completely before serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 188 calories, 6.7g total fat, 39mg cholesterol, 187.1mg sodium, 82.8mg potassium, 29.9g carbohydrates, <1g fiber, 17.4g sugar, 2.9g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/lemon-tarragon-zucchini-bread/