|Green Bean and Tomato Salad |
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh rosemary
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stock pot; drop in the green beans and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain and plunge into a large bowl of ice water until completely cooled.
- Drain the beans again and pat dry with paper towels. Place in a large bowl with the tomatoes, onion and rosemary; toss to combine.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar and honey (if using). Add the olive oil, pouring in a thin stream, whisking continually until well-combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the green bean mixture and toss to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour before tossing again and serving.
- Nutrition (per serving): 142 calories, 12.2g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 6.4mg sodium, 151.5mg potassium, 8g carbohydrates, 2g fiber, 2.7g sugar, 1.3g protein
Recipe by Jan's Sushi Bar at http://www.janssushibar.com/green-bean-tomato-salad/