Live Real. Eat Real.

Life

It’s what happens when you’re making other plans, according to John Lennon.

Several things have conspired to delay my planned post on the cost, sustainability and practicality of a Real Food Diet – now The Official Designation For How I Eat – so I’m thinking Friday (tomorrow you get Tuna Casserole.  Or Rabbit in Mustard Sauce.  I’m not sure yet, and am open to any and all suggestions).

Things Conspiring Against Me:

Menopausal Brain Fuzz.  *sigh*

I am transitioning out of a position in our company that I have held for 8 years.  Yes, you can congratulate me – I never enjoyed it, and was never very good at it.  The person taking over the job is FAR more suited to it than I could ever be.  I could not be happier about this.

I am still trying to decide if I want to remain an “official” employee in our company and take over a new product/service we are offering, or if I want to contract myself for the job so I can pursue other side jobs, as well.  There are a lot of pros and cons to both sides, and a lot of things to take into consideration, so we’ll see.

I am trying to decide if I want to be killed by my husband spend $195 for a 4-week, online “photography for food bloggers” course by the Perfect Picture School of Photography.  It’s tempting…very, very tempting.

I am in the process of implementing a new feature here that will be quite beneficial for my readers.  Trust me, you’ll be the first to know when it is finished.

This college thing with The Young One.  All of the other kids spared us this by either not attending college, taking care of themselves or having another parent handle it all.  I had no idea how much it would consume not only my son, who is stressed to the max by his senior year in high school, but me as well.

Beloved is planning not one, not two, not three, but FOUR raised bed gardens in our back yard – he wants to move away from a CSA for the 2014 season (we’ve already committed ourselves this year).  Construction has begun, and my Home Depot credit card is already sending up little tendrils of smoke.

I know…my life is so exciting, isn’t it? I bet all you young’uns out there just can’t wait for middle age.

Anyhoo, that’s why I have no post today about the cost, sustainability and practicality of a Real Food Diet.  I’m still unsure about tomorrow’s recipe, so let me know what you’d like to see:  Tuna Casserole, or Rabbit in Mustard Sauce?

See you tomorrow!

10 comments

Kath says:

Tuna Casserole, please!
I cooked rabbit once – long, long ago. It looked too much like a cat for me to ever want to cook it again. I’ll eat it though, if someone else prepares it and serves me a nice finished piece on a plate.

Your life sounds similar to my life. The college thing is SO time consuming. I am so glad PR will be done with it all soon – I didn’t think I’d survive the first two kids, let alone him. : ) The photography course sounds fun, but you knew I’d say that! : )

Tonya says:

I vote for Tuna Casserole! It’s been a brutally cold winter & I need something hot & comforting :)

Michele says:

I don’t care which one because I won’t be making either. I thought Kath’s comment was hilarious! I am interested in hearing about the raised bed project. And, yes sending a kid to college is an ordeal for everyone.

Lois says:

I can agree about the stresses of college application. 20 year old is applying for the coming Sept start, and he is a mess, I am a mess because it somehow is up to me to make sure this gets done properly and work out of the home and look after the home and survive February in Southern Ontario and peri-menopause too. On Sat I bought the Wheat Belly cookbook and I’ve been off wheat/gluten since Sunday, wish me luck.

chuck says:

wow, life is busy. the raised beds will be a very fun hobby. i have 3 raised beds and 2 other beds. mine expands every year. as i always say, we can’t eat our lawn. just remembering your deer issues, keeping the critters out will be an interesting challenge.

Annie says:

Tuna please!

Be says:

Trust me you want the tuna casserole. DAMN!

Now I’m particularly intrigued by by the tuna casserole because of Be’s comment… :)

I haven’t started menopause yet (but it’s definitely coming) so apparently I can’t blame that for my brain fuzzy mode I’ve had for awhile… Darn!! >;o)~ I’m definitely not looking forward to the whole college ordeal – at least I still have 8 years before that transpires… :)

Katie says:

Please post the Rabbit in Mustard Sauce anyway :)