Thanks, everyone, for your good wishes yesterday. I’m still here – I’m not necessarily feeling any better, but I’m not any worse, and I’m still on my feet (so to speak), so it’s all good. Beloved has to drive to Louisville, Kentucky tonight to see a client, so it will just be me and The Young One; I plan to go to bed early and sleep as much as possible. Thank goodness for Mucinex, that’s all I can (or want to) say.
Today’s recipe was an accompaniment for yesterday’s, and is every bit as delicious and easy. In fact, it was so good that I can see making it again with a variety of spices – Morrocan occurred to me, as well as Indian and Italian. But as it was, the Mexican spice blend worked really well and it was a great side dish for the Spicy Slow Cooker Short Ribs. You could also cut a small onion into wedges and toss it with the cauliflower but as it is, this recipe works for just about any diet out there: it’s low carb, low fat, low calorie, paleo, Whole30 – even vegan.
But mostly, it’s really, really tasty.
|Spicy Roasted Cauliflower|
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Combine the salt, pepper, chili powder, cumin, paprika and cayenne in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cut the cauliflower into bite-size florets and place in a large bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil and sprinkle with the spice mix; toss to coat evenly and spread in a single layer on a shallow, rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast until tender and golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Serve immediately.
- Nutrition (per serving): 71 calories, 5.1g total fat, 0mg cholesterol, 365.6mg sodium, 337.9mg potassium, 6.1g carbohydrates, 2.7g fiber, 2g sugar, 2.2g protein